The La Cañada Flintridge Women’s Club, formed as an outgrowth of the Newcomers Club in early 1956 to encourage philanthropy and community service, recently held its final meeting.
Club membership grew to more than 120 and a wide variety of community projects were soon on the agenda. Over the years the club raised nearly $175,000 for national organizations such as the Guide Dogs of America, the American Cancer Society and the Salvation Army and locally for the Montrose Search and Rescue, the Community Center of LCF and the La Cañada Flintridge Tournament of Roses Association.
The Christmas Brunch became a focal point for the club, and bridge clubs will continue, even though the club has officially closed its journal. Fourteen attended the farewell luncheon.