At this point, I have been writing weekly articles on Civility: Appearance, Behavior, and Communication for the last four years. To check your absorption power, I am offering an etiquette survey, with the answers to follow next week.
1. Conversations: What are six words that help create and maintain small talk?
2. Speakerphone: What are three courtesies to use when using speakerphones?
3. Voice mail messages: What are the four information points that you need to leave on a voice mail?
4. Telephone: When answering the phone, and that person is not there, what do you say?
5. Toasting: When a toast is being proposed in your honor, how do you handle the gesture?
6. Reception arrival time: If the invitation states 6:00 to 8:00, at what time should you arrive?